Sponsored Links

Lost Or Stolen Passport

This page provides information for when your passport has been lost or stolen. To help protect yourself against identify theft you need to report your passport lost or stolen immediately to prevent someone else from using the passport.

Report & Replace Lost Or Stolen Passport

If you are in the United States and are traveling in 2 weeks or less:

If you are in the United States and are not traveling within 2 weeks you must submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility.

If you are outside the United States, contact your nearest US Embassy or Consulate to replace your lost or stolen passport overseas.

Report Lost Or Stolen Passport (Without replacing)

Sponsored Links

If you find another person's lost US passport, please mail it in a sturdy envelope to:
US Department of State
4th Floor
1150 Passport Services PL
Dulles, VA 20189-1150

Report Non-Receipt Of A Passport After Mailing

If the Online Passport Status System or the National Passport Information Center has indicated that your newly issued passport has been mailed out, but you have not received it after 10 business days, you should contact the National Passport Information Center to report non-receipt of the passport. If you don't report the non-receipt of your passport within 90 days from the isse date, you will be required to re-apply and pay all applicable fees.